Terms and Conditions for the Tower of the Sun Online Reservation Service
The terms and conditions for the Tower of the Sun online reservation service (hereinafter referred to as "T&C"), which pertain to entry to the Tower of the Sun Museum, are set out below.
Agreement with these T&C is a condition for using the Tower of the Sun online reservation service (hereinafter referred to as "Service").
Article 1: Scope of the T&C and changes to the T&C
- These T&C apply to all users of the Service.
- The Tower of the Sun Museum reserves the right, at its discretion, to change portions of these T&C at any time without prior consent from users to a reasonable extent and by reasonable means, and all users shall agree to this in advance in order to use the Service.
Article 2: Rules for using the Service
- This Service is provided only to those who plan to purchase tickets to the Tower of the Sun Museum (hereinafter referred to either as "Museum," "we," "us," or "our,") via the Internet. The Service shall not be used for purposes other than reserving and purchasing these tickets.
- This Service is designed and provided only for those users that can access and use computers and the Internet at their own risk and responsibility, and only for those that access and use computers that are set up to properly display the information on our website and to properly send and receive emails. We will not accept any responsibility in the event that the Service cannot be properly used due to causes that are beyond our control, such as problems originating from the devices, software, network services, OSs, applications, security setups, and Internet service providers that users employ.
- Upon reserving and purchasing tickets, each user of the Service (hereinafter referred to as "user," "you," or "your") is required to provide their personal information including, but not limited to, their full name, address, phone number, email address, and other similar information (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information") in the form we specify. In the event there are omissions, garbled text that is unreadable, false entries, and other problems in the form you turn in, your reservation request may be declined since we may not be able to process it properly.
Article 3: Prohibitions
- You are prohibited from reselling your tickets to the Museum to others and from giving them to others for the purpose of having them resell your tickets in any manner whatsoever, regardless of whether or not they are sold with the intention of making a profit. It is also prohibited to give your tickets to any third parties for free if you have any intention of earning money by doing so.
- You are prohibited from reserving your tickets for the purpose of reselling them to others and from giving them to others with the intention of having them resell your tickets. It is also prohibited to reserve your tickets for the purpose of giving your tickets to any third parties for free if you have any intention of earning money by doing so.
- If you violate any of the prohibitions described in the above two paragraphs (in Article 3), then your membership with the Service will be canceled and at the same time you will be banned from registering for membership with the Service and reserving tickets to the Museum again, regardless of what types of tickets you will want and what your purposes will be.
- While accessing and using the Service, you shall not do any of the following:
- Engage in any acts that infringe on, or may infringe on, rights — such as copyrights, trademarks, other intellectual property rights, property rights, privacy rights, or other similar rights — of any third parties including the Museum and users other than you.
- Engage in any acts that are, or can be, contrary to public order or morality, or any acts that will provide information contrary to public order or morality to any third parties including the Museum and users other than you.
- Engage in any acts that constitute, or may constitute, crimes.
- Utilize the Service for the purposes of assisting political campaigns, or do things similar to this, regardless of when you do so—whether or not you do so during a political campaign.
- Utilize the Service for the purposes of assisting obscene, religious, or political activities, or activities related to them, through the Service.
- Utilize the Service for any profit-making activities without the consent of the Museum.
- Illicitly use identification (ID) numbers or other verification numbers, deliberately provide the Personal Information (your name, address, phone number, email address, and/or other similar information) that is incorrect, or pretend to be someone else.
- Use or provide harmful computer programs, such as computer viruses, through the Service or in relation to the use of the Service.
- Engage in any acts that violate, or may violate, any laws or regulations.
- Perform any other acts that the Museum judges improper.
Article 4: Sales of the Museum admission tickets
- Types and prices of tickets to the Museum that you can reserve through the Service are described on the page regarding admission fees on this website.
- You enter into an agreement with the Museum for the sale and purchase of tickets to the Museum when you complete your procedures to use you credit card for the payment of your ticket(s) at time of booking, or when your payment procedures are completed at a ticket counter at a gate of the Natural and Cultural Gardens of Expo '70 Commemorative Park or at the reception counter of the Museum (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Ticket Counter").
- You shall provide your visit (tour) date, the number of people you are reserving for, and any necessary details of your party when reserving your tickets.
Article 5: How to pay for and pick up tickets to the Museum
- In order to pick up your reserved tickets, on your visit (tour) date, you will need to show the QR Code (which is included in an email we sent to you to confirm the completion of your reservation after you make your reservation through the Service) to staff at one of the Ticket Counters and tell them that you have reserved your tickets through the Service. Your tickets will be given to you at the Ticket Counter where you complete the procedures necessary to pick up your tickets.
- In principle, general admission (individual) tickets that you reserve must be paid by credit card in advance at time of booking. (We accept Visa, Mastercard, JCB, American Express, Diners Club, and Discover.)
- If you are booking for a party that includes people eligible for discounts and free admission (those who have All Passports (the annual pass for Expo '70 Commemorative Park), disability certificates, etc.), you will need to pay for all of your tickets in cash at one of the Ticket Counters, at which the tickets you have reserved will be given to you only after you have paid for them. At Ticket Counters, payments are accepted in cash only; credit cards or electronic money will not be accepted at Ticket Counters.
Article 6: Keeping your tickets
- After you pick up the tickets you have purchased, it is your responsibility to keep them undamaged and safe. In principle, Tickets Counters will not re-issue tickets in the case of damaged or lost tickets.
Article 7: Cancellations and changes
- For general admission (individual) tickets, which must in principle be paid in advance by credit card at the time of reservation, you cannot cancel your order once you have completed your reservation. However, it is possible to change your tour date even after you have completed your reservation just one time until 12:00 noon on the day before your reserved tour date—as far as your new tour date will be set within 120 days after the date you initially completed your reservation.
- In the event that Expo '70 Commemorative Park and/or the Tower of the Sun Museum are exceptionally closed for their own reasons, such as due to natural disasters, the tickets you have purchased for that day will be refunded to you – in either of the ways listed below – if you have paid for them in advance by credit card. If you are eligible for a refund, an email confirming that you can receive a refund will be sent to the email address that you registered when reserving tickets.
- Payment for your tickets charged to your credit card account will be canceled. Or your payment will be refunded to your credit card account. (The date when your payment is refunded will differ depending on which credit card company you use; it is expected to be refunded to your account in 1 to 2 months.)
- You request a refund by sending us the specified refund claim form, on which you have filled in necessary items, by mail (not by email), or by bringing it directly to us, within 6 months after the date of your scheduled visit (tour) when Expo '70 Commemorative Park and/or the Museum were exceptionally closed.
Article 8: Our uses of your personal information
- Even though we make efforts to provide you with safe and secure access to the Service in our best possible way, in using the Service, you are deemed to have understood that our security safeguards related to the Service are not perfect or fail-proof.
- We will record and store your Personal Information for the purposes described below. By using the Service, you agree that we record and store your Personal Information and your usage and transaction data including, but not limited to, your history of reserving and purchasing tickets to the Museum and of using the Service, and other similar information (hereinafter referred to as "Usage and Transaction History"). If you do not agree to provide your Personal Information and Usage and Transaction History, you cannot use the Service.
- We use your (i) Personal Information and (ii) Usage and Transaction History (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Relevant Information") for the purposes described below. In the event we use Relevant Information about you for purposes other than those indicated below, we will notify you of such purposes and obtain consent from you before we do so.
- To send you information on booking of tickets to the Museum and associated services that are related to your reservation or transactions by email or through other means.
- To send you information on the tickets the Museum handles and information related to its facilities by email or through other means.
- To provide you with user support on anything related to tickets and the Museum (e.g., to respond to your inquiries, etc.).
- To provide you with any other services related to and come with the Service.
- To create statistical reports or perform statistical analysis for our marketing activities.
- To confirm your identity in order to properly and smoothly conduct the Museum's services, or to ask others about your identity in the event we are required to do so by law.
- By using the Service, you agree that when we use your Relevant Information for the purposes stated above, we will disclose your Relevant Information to the third parties that we entrust to run and manage the Museum (hereinafter referred to as "Contractors") to the extent necessary for doing so and Contractors will use your Relevant Information to the extent necessary for them to perform the operations or duties we entrust to them. With regard to this, by a contract with us, Contractors are obligated not to disclose or leak your Relevant Information to other third parties and not to use it for purposes other than performing the operations or duties we entrust to them.
- We shall be entitled to disclose a part or all of your Relevant Information to third parties without your consent in either of the following circumstances:
- We are required to do so by law.
- We believe that it is difficult to obtain consent from you to disclose your Relevant Information even though it needs to be disclosed for the purpose of protecting the bodies, properties, and/or lives of persons.
- We believe that it is difficult to obtain consent from you to disclose your Relevant Information even though it is highly necessary to be disclosed in order to improve public health or promote the sound development of children.
- We need to cooperate with national or local authorities in Japan or their contractors in performing their administrative duties required by law and we believe that obtaining consent from you may hinder the execution of such administrative duties.
- We will take reasonable measures to prevent your Relevant Information from being leaked, lost, wrongfully or unlawfully accessed, and maliciously or accidentally altered or destroyed, and to protect it from similar accidents and attacks.
- We will take reasonable steps after confirming things that need to be confirmed if we are requested by you to do the following:
- Disclose Relevant Information about some user(s) to you.
- Correct or erase a part or all of your Relevant Information, or add some information to your Relevant Information.
- Allow you to entirely or partially withdraw consent you have given to us for the use or disclosure of your Relevant Information.
Article 9: Matters related to our or your computer system
- We may perform systematic change or shut-down of operations related to the Service without notice if we believe we need to do so;
we do not take any responsibility for any damage caused to you by this.
- We will not take any responsibility for any problems that may arise out of the fact that, while using the Service, you stopped web browsers from running for long hours or closed them, stopped your computer from running, disconnected networks, or did other similar things.
- Some parts of the Service are connected to the websites and servers other than ours.
- Recommended system requirements for using the Service are as follows:
■If you are using a PC,
OS: Windows 7 or later, Mac OS X or later
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Mozilla Firefox (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Safari (latest version)
■If you are using a smartphone,
iOS: iOS 11 or later and Safari browser (latest version)
Android: Android 6 or later and Google Chrome browser (latest version)
* You need to understand in advance that display problems and other similar defects can occur if you do not meet the recommended system requirements listed above.
* You need to understand in advance that depending on what computer devices you use and what settings you choose for them, display problems and other similar defects may still occur even if you meet the recommended system requirements listed above.
Article 10: Jurisdiction
- Any disputes related to the Service that arise between you and us shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Osaka District Court (in Japan) in the first instance.
- All of the terms and conditions (T&C) described on this page shall enter into force at 24:00 on July 3, 2019.