For customers from overseas, we use only English as language services.
Please notice this point before going to the next step.
Please read the following notices and agree to each item before sending your application.
- The Tower of the Sun tickets are available only by reservation.
The same day tickets are not available. Please be sure to make reservation at least one week before or more.
The reservation is needed for "Infants (4years or younger) and Babies" also.
- The Tower of the Sun tickets; 700yen (adult) 300yen (child: elementary school and middle school student). Needs to purchase the Natural and Cultural garden tickets (250yen for adult, 70yen for child: elementary school and middle school student) also.
(The Tower of the Sun is located inside of the Natural and Cultural garden of The Expo’70 Commemorative Park)
- Please come to The Tower of the Sun ticket counter 20minutes prior to your booked time.
- The Expo’70 Commemorative Park, the Natural and Cultural garden opens at 9:30AM.
- Children younger than 13years old need to be accompanied by adults.
- Strollers are not allowed inside The Tower of the Sun.
- No check in counter for strollers and other baggage.
- There is a space available you can leave your strollers near the ticket counter.
However please make sure to be noticed that we are totally not responsible for your strollers or baggage for lost or theft. Please make sure to bring valuable goods with you.
- When you have a carry bag or big baggage, you can use coin locker (they have three sizes) near by the central gate of The Expo’70 Commemorative Park, the Natural and Cultural garden. (Go right after get in the central gate)
- Please refer http://www.expo70-park.jp/guide/booklet/#caption1 of the detail information of coin locker.
The coin locker (near by the central gate of The Expo’70 Commemorative Park, the Natural and Cultural garden) is temporarily closed due to the construction from Dec. 2018 thru March 2019.
Instead, you can use the coin locker at the Information Office Center (located at the other side of the bridge to the central gate) or the coin locker near by the Japanese Garden Gate.
- The Expo’70 Commemorative Park may be closed when natural disaster (very heavy rain or earthquake, typhoon) occurs. Please make sure to refer the opening information of the park on the day you booked.
The ticket of the Tower of the Sun.
- The tower of the sun normally opens from 10:00AM until 17:00PM. (Except extended operated hours in the evening)
Please be sure that all customers need to go out the tower of the Sun by 16:55PM (16:30-17:00 time slot)
When in extended operated hours in the evening, customers need to go out the museum 5minutes before the tower of the sun close time.
We start issuing tickets 30minutes before the appointed time when you enter the tower of the sun in last time slot of the day.
- Eating and drinking foods are prohibited.
- Taking photos with flash is prohibited (other visitors may have trouble seeing the display).
- You can take photos of “Display at 1st floor” only in the tower of the sun.
We limit photos taking available area due to safety and arranging the smooth move.
Please follow the instruction by the tower of the sun staff.
- You may use your photos (taken in the tower or the sun) privately in your SNS/Blog.
However the commercial use is prohibited.
- Total viewing time of each group is 30minutes.
- You can enjoy watching the tree of the life up to 30m high, stepping up 5 different stairs (total 145 steps), 6 floors. And step down using other stairs.
- Person using the wheel chair or infants (4years or younger) need to use the elevator.
If you are hard to step up stairs or you are not confident to step up stairs, you may use the elevator.
- For the safety reason, you can not step up stairs when holding infants (4years or younger).
Please make sure to use the elevator when you accompany infants.
- There is no rest room after you start the tour, please use rest room before you start your tour.
The rest room is located at 1st floor by the ticket counter.
If you agree to these items and conditions,
please send us email describing the followings.
Required information of the applicant
- Name of the applicant (Full name)
(First Name: ) (Last Name: )
- Cellular phone no. of the applicant
- E-Mail address of the applicant
- Booking request date (you can select the request day one week or more after sending date of your request email)
- Number of Adult (16years old or older):
Number of Child (5years thru 15years old; Elementary school or middle school student):
Number of infants (4years or younger):
- Need to use elevator/No need to use elevator
* Please notice only English is available.
If this mail soft for booking does not work or if you use web mail,
please send each of above 6items to “firstname.lastname@example.org” address by separate email, using “The Tower of the Sun ticket reservation” title.
Frequently asked questions are here.